Kumo Trader Ichimoku Forum
September 01, 2014, 10:38:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ichimoku Discussion Forum.    "Any Instrument, Any Timeframe, & No Expiration"

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to hide future prices and Ichimoku lines when backtesting by hand  (Read 4308 times)
tanatsuk

« on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »

Hi, thanks for a great book. I wonder if there is a charting program that can hide the future prices and Ichimoku lines while showing the future cloud when I scroll the chart back in time in order to do backtesting/training by hand. That is, when I'm studying a chart from the past, I want to see the future cloud but don't want to see the future prices and future Ichimoku lines, just like the chart in real time. TradeStation can do that? Tatsuo
sunman4008
Ichimoku Analyst
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »

Hello,

The best way to do that in Tradestation and any other package is to change the indicators to the background color.   I actually do something similar to what you are talking about in my training classes.

-Manesh
tonyfx888

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:21:07 AM »

Sorry Manesh...Can you explain more how to do it... Cheesy
CamelToeJoe

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »

I use ThinkorSwim and you can uncheck 'ichimoku' in the strategies section to hide the ichi indicators.
sunman4008
Ichimoku Analyst
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »

Tony,

Did that answer your question?

-Manesh
arco

Action Reaction

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:33:10 PM »

In MT4 you can right click anywhere on the Ichimoku plot, - click Ichimoku properties which brings up a window Custom Indicator - Ichimoku.
Using the colors Tab double click on the color of the elements you do not wish to see and the change to 'color - none' You can leave whichever elements you require and only they will show.

To revert to normal again just click reset on the bottom right of the panel
sunman4008
Ichimoku Analyst
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:52:48 AM »

Hello,

Price has to match the background color in order to hide price.

-Manesh
ebtrader

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:36 PM »

I've struggled with this same issue. I finally broke down and dropped some money on a program call forex tester 2. I just got a few weeks ago and have been very happy with so far. It allows you to start, stop, rewind, fast forward and of course it does have the Ichimoku indicator. They have a good bit of data available and you can save the results of your testing. I really have no complaints and feel it was worth the money as it makes back testing much easier. Here's the link:

http://www.forextester.com/

they offer a 30-day free trial. It's been a good tool for me so far.
sunman4008
Ichimoku Analyst
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:46:41 AM »

Hello,

When you are ready to buy, you can get a Ichimoku discount.  Go to www.ichimokuwebsite.com and click on the forex tester link. 

-Manesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: